Educate yourself on what's going on, what are the facts & what you can do to make the environment safer by disposing of waste properly?Used Oil Recycling
* One quart of improperly disposed oil can pollute over 250,000 gallons of drinking water.
* U.S. drivers produce about 1.3 billion gallons of used motor oil a year. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that 200 million gallons of that oil is improperly disposed.
* 50% paints & paint products.
* 20% solvents, pesticides & herbicides
* Recycling 1 million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by 3,657 U.S. homes in a year.
* For every 1 million cell phones that are recycled, 35,274 lbs of copper, 772 lbs of silver, 75 lbs of gold, and 33 lbs of palladium can be recovered.
* In a landfill, aluminum cans take 80-100 years to break down.
* Plastic bottles hang around as long as 700 years.
(Source: Environmental Protection Agency)